Thursday, August 5, 2010

Upsetting yet Enjoyable

I really love travelling and learning new things from different places.

Recently, I experienced the most upsetting and enjoyable travel of my life. Weird to feel both simultaneously especially for those who love travelling, since most travelers usually feel either they enjoy or did not enjoy a trip but not such opposing feelings.

Well this happened when traveling to the Philippines. I was upset but also enjoyed it.
Upsetting….First of all, it was not a very good trip for me as I was having headache and could not enjoy the plane. In addition to that, arriving in Ninoy Aquino International Airport was even more upsetting because we could not find an ordinary taxi (not an airport taxi because they cost too much which is an insider’s tip) and have to walk for an hour to get one!! Moreover, traffic hit us on the way going to the bus terminal for Sta. Ana where we planned to stay for five days. Our voyage going to Sta. Ana was very tiring. Imagine sitting for about 12 hours on the bus, waiting for 3 hours at most for a van to go the final way to Sta. Ana and after a very long and exhausting 5 hour trip on a van, the place that we imagined beautiful was not beautiful and accommodating as we expected.


Enjoyable….We went to a place called Aguib Beach near Sta. Ana, which was supposed to be a “white sand” beach. For the very first time, I experienced stepping on to white sand bare footed. I was sooooooh happy because my whole family was with me and some of my relatives too. We stayed the whole day in the beach and got a lot of fun. We gathered sea shells for a colleague back in Shanghai, China, soaked in the blue cold water, played and satisfied our hunger with grilled fish, bulalo (a great soup made from Carabao), boiled banana and fresh native fruits!! That day was very precious for me and a treasure to be always remembered. My trip continued with more mishaps but that is a story still to come.

On this trip I learned that at times we have to be ready to all the circumstances our trip may bring us and not let our frustrations and disappointments spoil our vacation because somewhere somehow there’s still a real nice place to visit and there are always people who would make our traveling experience worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment