Friday, July 2, 2010

My Speech as Guest Speaker

"EDUCATION -- Changing Lives" or "Edukasyon ang Solusyon"

Feeling of greatness and dignity reign in my heart for you have chosen me as your guest speaker of today’s significant occasion, the Commencement Exercises of School Year 2009-2010.

Before I go further with my speech, may I first congratulate the graduates for today marks the attainment of your dreams. Today is a proof that you have surmounted the challenges of elementary education. You are victors at this moment because you have attained your victory. You have acquired the knowledge and skills necessary for you in stepping the next ladder of learning.

Secondly, I want to congratulate you parents for you are now harvesting the fruit of your sacrifices. You have done a big part in molding these children from their birth until this very moment. You are the forerunners in the education of your children, molding their behavior and characters, abilities and knowledge.

The next persons whom I would like to congratulate are of course the teachers. You have successfully done great responsibilities in bringing these children to what they are now. Your undying love, guidance and commitment to teach these children have made great changes in their lives. We can say that they are now better persons because of you.

The theme for today’s commencement exercises, “Education: Changing Lives or Edukasyon ang Solusyon” has the principle that gives hope in us in struggling the numerous obstacles in our life. Education could change our lives into its best.

I would like to ask you the question my dear graduates, “Binago ba ng Edukasyon ang Buhay niyo?” Your answers would be undeniable YES. Once you were just young children, who knew little but as you have entered elementary you are now changed intellectually. There was a time that you can neither read nor write, but as you proceed onward on your studies, you have learned a lot. You have gained knowledge skills and talents which you can use as you go forward on your study. You are now intelligent and talented individuals brought by education. You now possessed values, virtues and winning attitudes which make you consider as a good citizen of our community and be considered today as a great pride of our dear alma mater.

Indeed, Education changes our lives. Many persons came from poor family became successful in life because of Education. Ako at marami pang nagsipagtuloy ng kanilang pag-aaral look their chances to alter their lives by studying hard and making their best. I can say that we became progressive and successful because of Education. Take for instance your teachers. My dear graduates look at your teachers. Once they were just like you but because of embracing Education they are now one of the noblest of all people, having the ability to impart you knowledge and enhance your skills and talents. Truly, Education is a big help in attaining goals in life.

Sa kahirapan na nararanasan natin ngayon, malaking tulong ang edukasyon. Mga minamahal naming mag-aaral na magsisipagtapos ngayon, ito ang ang inyong pag-asa upang sa susunod na panahon hindi na tayo makakaranas pa ng kahirapan. Dahil sa karunungan at abilidad na hatid ng Edukasyon kayo ay magkakaroon ng mabuting kinabukasan. Always remember that Education is dignity, your assurance to have a progressive life. This is your investment to achieve prosperity.

On the other hand, my dear graduates, you should not forget that today is not merely an end yet a beginning. As you end up your elementary education, you have been proved with knowledge and wisdom; however it doesn’t end up with that. More changes towards the betterment of your lives are offered by it. If you will continue striving, more knowledge and skills will be acquired by you. Marami pang pagbabago ang darating sa buhay ninyo kung inyong ipagpapatuloy ang pagpupursigi sa pag-aaral. Ngayon ang umpisa ng mas marami pang pagbabago sa buhay ninyo. Kaya nga’t marapat lamang na huwag kayong tumigil sa pagtanggap ng karunungan dahil maraming kaginhawaan at mabuting dulot nito sainyo. After a couple of months, you’ll be entering the secondary education. During these times you will be acquiring more wisdom and you will also encounter new challenges that is why you should make it well. This will be your preparation to your tertiary education.

To last, as Education changes lives, grab this opportunity; take Education with all your heart, mind and spirit.

To the Graduates, again I say congratulations and mabuhay!!!

**Special thanks to those who helped and inspired me; to Lola Fely who encourged me so much to be the guest speaker, to my friend Emz and my parents who helped and gave me inspiration, also many thanks to the faculty and staff of South Central Elementary School for giving me the oppurtunity to be their guest speaker. Thank you so much...

28 comments:

  1. Hello, what a great speech. I was truly inspired... can i borrow some of your lines, since i was also invited by my alma mater as a guest speaker? TIA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angelo,

    Thank you for your comment.. Sure, please do and hope to see your speech here soon.
    Good luck!!!

    Regards,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi i find ur speech meaningful n very inspiring can i also borrow some of ur lines ? i was also invited to be the guest speaker in one of the schools here n our place.its my first time n i dont know what to say to make an enormous impact on the graduating students. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I feel honoured that so many people are asking including yourself.. Please feel free to use any of lines.. Thanks and Good luck!

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi i find ur speech meaningful n very inspiring can i also borrow some of ur lines ? i was also invited to be the guest speaker in one of the schools here n our place.its my first time n i dont know what to say to make an enormous impact on the graduating students. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. at this very young age of mine, i feel so great to be chosen as a speaker to my alma mater,.would you spare me some of your lines to be included in my speech?tnxtnx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,

    Your speech is truly inspiring and I'm pretty sure that many students will strive to finish their studies through this.

    Miss Ruby, can I use some of your lines to impart this to the graduating students in my hometown?

    A hundred thanks to you.

    -sheila-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila,
      Thank you.. sure and I hope to see and read your speech as well here..
      Regards,
      Ruby

      Delete
  8. hi, inspiring un speech mo. pa-borrow po ha nga mga lines? thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Thank you, my pleasure... hope to read yours as well soon...
      Regards,
      Ruby

      Delete
  9. So many of you have requested using part of my speech and I feel very honoured by that -- thank you! I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be happy to let you use parts of the speech as you see fit and I will be more than happy -- I will be honoured by your appreciation of my work! Thank you all and feel free to use it.

    And if you wish to quote me or credit me i would not hold it against you :)

    Good luck and God bless everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. can i steal some lines? hahaha I'm thinking on how to start my speech right but when i came across this article, I got an idea how to make a good start :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello!
    Your speech is nice and truly inspiring.May I have the honour to ask permission, can I use some lines of your speech because I was invited as a guest speaker in my alma mater and I reaally like and appreciate your good speech. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a nice speech u made..very inspiring..it gives me an idea on how to write my own speech as a guest speaker....
    Miss Ruby can i use some of your lines?
    thank you so much...

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice speech and very inspiring...it gives me a idea to make a good one...can i use some lines?thank you so much miss Ruby...u

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello can i please borrow some of your lines? :) thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi ms. ruby... i want to borrow some of your lines. can I? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi ruby. your speech was very nice and inspiring I've get an idea because at my early age im invited as the guest speaker.can i borrow some of your lines.
    once again congratulation for your wonderful speech. mabuhay.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ms. Ruby...what an inspiring speech.you've imparted knowledge to the graduates as well as lessons in life.Congrats!
    I'm invited to be a guest speaker also this coming Saturday.I haven't started writing my speech while I'm searching for a reference your speech caught my attention and impressed by it. I would like to borrow some lines of it...Can I pls? thanks much

    ReplyDelete
  18. Same here Ms. Ruby! Can I borrow some of your lines? You have a pretty good speech. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Miss Ruby, we have a project on Speech & Com regarding on this.. Would you mind if I'll use your speech just once on our impromptu speak? I'm 2nd yr college student and on our project, we will pretend that we are on a "Graduation" and I am the "Speaker".. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi..miss ruby, ur speech was very inspiring and gives me a lot of ideas on how to deliver a speech, can i use some of ur inspiring words? becoz i was also invited as guest speaker for this coming graduation of my dear alma mater..thanks miss ruby..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Ms.Ruby that was so inspiring,,can i used some of your lines,,pls.. thank you! and more power..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, nice speech...may I borrow some of ur lines too.. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi M' Roby

    I was invited by my alma matter as their gust speaker. I find your speech wonderful. Can I borrow some of your lines? Thank You so much. Congratulations for such very inspiring speech. God bless you:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Ms. Rubby! :) Your speech impressed me a lot! Thank you for sharing it to us :) Ms. Ruby can borrow some of your lines? I was also invited in my alma mater and this is my first time to be the guest speaker. :)

    ReplyDelete